FA Server Changes

FA Server Changes

Postby Col.Smeal » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Good morning to the good folks @ FA. The FA server map changes are great and more fun to play. However I noticed there isn't anyone there some of the time. Anyone know what's going on with that ? Just curious. Thanks

Col Smeal
Col.Smeal

Re: FA Server Changes

Postby Ruklukk » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:30 pm

It is sad - nobody played on the 22nd. First time I have ever seen that.

So what went wrong? This time last year there was a queue to get in.

Some kind of bizarre clan war? I know there are threads here where I get some crap just for being in eGO - there were more than a few skirmishes with other clans and recruiting and stuff in a game lacking the population to support such acrimony.

Lack of admins? This might be the one. The hacker guy blew up three straight nights of good sessions and I didn't see many of the people who were on at the time come back after. The "random" players who joined because the server was 20/32 are the ones who would fill it to capacity. When the server lost the base people it lost the ones who joined out of momentum.

Some players not fun to play against? I won't list them but through numerous discussions there are 10 players that were specifically avoided. Snipers who are way too good who shoulda gone rocket or pistol years ago. If you're that good on a public server chances are you need to figure out a way to tone it down so you keep having people to shoot. I can't count the number of times I went rifle because I was eating up the less capable players with support. Once someone would show up to balance my skill I'd go back to support and destroy people again. My KDR would suffer but my goal was retaining the players on the server not stats. Some of the snipers definitely don't understand this. They would comment about how much they were hated as people left the server in droves. Nobody is saying you can't be good - but when you know you're killing the server isn't it time to make a change? The answer for many is "No"

I always considered it "my" server regardless of Clan tags. We had a crew of regulars that was almost 30 deep who were there every night giving each other crap and having fun. Hopefully it can happen again. Thank you to the peoples who have funded and logistically maintained the server these last few years.
Ruklukk

Postby brian » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:35 am

I should get back into gaming like I used to.

Then I remember I work 60 hr weeks :\
brian

Postby Col.Smeal » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Like wow ! where is everybody on the server ?
Col.Smeal

Postby Ruklukk » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:28 pm

War Thunder is a pretty fun game and it's free. Shoot me a message if you find yourself ever playing that.
Ruklukk

Return to General Discussion