Anyone around?

All DOD:S related topics

Anyone around?

Postby BornKiller » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:35 pm

So, did everyone just bail on the server? It's been empty for days now, just kind of weird that everyone bailed at the same time.
BornKiller

Re: Anyone around?

Postby Ruklukk » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:44 am

The 6pm EST session was fueled by momentum from the European crowd in the late afternoon. They stopped playing - a couple of reasons could be: 1. New Dust map. Seems there were a lot of people with a visceral reaction to that map. I like it but that doesn't matter when you watched people quit by the dozen when it would come up as they say how much they don't like it. 2. A few of the European time players are specifically avoided by the US players given their skill and lag shield or whatever it is that makes them not fun to shoot at. Or being sniped by them when your screen shows you safely behind the wall already.

The server dropped from 47th to 74th in the last 30 days and continues to fall. Difficult to rebuild a population in such a dead game.
Ruklukk

Postby ProZaC » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Ruklukk wrote:The 6pm EST session was fueled by momentum from the European crowd in the late afternoon. They stopped playing - a couple of reasons could be: 1. New Dust map. Seems there were a lot of people with a visceral reaction to that map. I like it but that doesn't matter when you watched people quit by the dozen when it would come up as they say how much they don't like it. 2. A few of the European time players are specifically avoided by the US players given their skill and lag shield or whatever it is that makes them not fun to shoot at. Or being sniped by them when your screen shows you safely behind the wall already.

The server dropped from 47th to 74th in the last 30 days and continues to fall. Difficult to rebuild a population in such a dead game.

1. I also like the new map but it just runs so crappy on my comp I usually set out of that map. Also I don't care for how dark it is but that's more a personal taste thing. 2. The 150+ pingers drive me nuts. I'm not doubting their skill but for god sakes when I run behind them with a gun in their back unloading a whole clip only to have them turn around and 1 shot me its a bit frustrating (then checking console and it tells me they shot me 4 times when i clearing only saw them fire once). Hell the other day we were playing the newest Dust map and this guy was outside allies spawn by the ramp. I ran out to take a shot and ran back into the passage flag sight out of his view and drop dead from a shot. Today I was in one of the old dust maps and the all the 150+ pings were on top of the scoreboard most with 15-5 k/d. One guy had a 320 average ping and I would shoot the crap out of him then take a one shot kill from him. When you take a very skilled player and wrap him a high ping guess what happens? I got a idea. We chip in and get a European Server and every other day we play on that one and lag all over them for once. :D

P.S. I am in no way discounting any high pingers skill set. I just don't feel its a level playing field a majority of the time. I'm done cryin for now but you know me I will find something to whine about :mrgreen: !
ProZaC

Postby Desert » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:05 am

thanks for the feedback guys. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to throw them out there.
Desert
Site Admin

Return to Day of Defeat Source