Admins are back up

All DOD:S related topics

Admins are back up

Postby Desert » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Our admin system is back up and running again on the dust server. The ban function is also working again.
A few guidelines about using the admin system:
-admins must be FA members
-please use the ban function carefully and only as a last resort
-do not use admin to change the map
-don't ban regular players
-all bans can be appealed by making a post on the forum
-do not be offended if a ban you made is overturned
Desert
Site Admin

Re: Admins are back up

Postby Rogue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Nice, got my first test today with yet another aimbot MG42 name changer. Banned for a week, please perma-ban steam_id STEAM_0:0:27864905.
Rogue

Postby Ruklukk » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:11 am

Well done Rogue!
Ruklukk

Postby Col.Smeal » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Awesome Rogue
Col.Smeal

Postby BornKiller » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:37 pm

Admins are back up...... so fucking use it then. GA Markymark was warned by Ajax to stop shooting into spawn, he then proceeded to shoot me 2 times in spawn, and either him or another guy then naded spawn. Don't know if Ajax has admin or not, but he did nothing. Stop with the President Odumbo impersonation drawing an imaginary red line and refusing to enforce laws, and actually ban these motherfuckers who ignore the rules despite being warned, and actually enforce the very rules you created and insist on. I am getting sick and tired of being shot in spawn on purpose and nothing being done. You do realize some of these guys just come to your server to fuck with your rules on purpose, don't you?
[GA] Markymark*ӂ*
STEAM_0:0:13813993
BornKiller

Postby Desert » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:04 am

I get what you're saying but maybe we can tone down the hostility a bit. Shooting in spawn has always been a problem on the older dust maps - even if admins are present.
Desert
Site Admin

Postby BornKiller » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Sorry for the rant, but it's just frustrating to have that keep happening to you while you are trying to play. I'm talking about the deliberate spawn kills, not accidental ones. I hear ya man. The thing is, years ago when I was in a clan and had admin I and the other admins would give someone 1 warning, if they deliberately did it again they were dealt with quickly and harshly. It not only sent a message to other players to behave, but it kept out the jerks, server was smooth sailing most of the time after that. And no, it didn't drive people away or empty our servers, in fact quite the opposite happened. The regulars stayed and when new people came in and saw the troublemakers were not around to disrupt their game, they stayed as well. If I kicked someone and warned them, and they came right back in and behaved themselves, all was good. If they came right back in and started shit, they were immediately banned.

Years ago in pre-Valve DOD, I had admin also and of course back then, you could change your player name very easily. So I would often enter the server under a fake name, troublemakers had no idea an admin was in the server and so they would obviously feel free to do their thing. Of course, their names would start showing in chat as kicked or banned, then I would reveal myself and everyone would have a good laugh over that.
BornKiller

Postby shadow slayer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:01 am

If you notice all the bans that have been happening with all of those hackers and mic spammers, that is me banning them through my phone. I don't need to enter the server to monitor all the players while incognito. I have a lot of friends in the clan and not in the clan who message me with any problems on the server, then I handle the situation quickly without having to stop what it is I am doing. Shooting into spawn is going to be a issue in any server you go into and it can't always be caught, but we will try and minimize it the best we can. On a dust map and in the situations with the flags so close to spawn some people just don't think twice when they see someone and some do it just to raise their kills and be trolls. We enjoy your participation on the server and on the forums, but its all in the delivery of the message your trying to get through. The rants and the anger wont move things along any faster. Add me on steam and if there is a issue in the servers it will be dealt with. Look forward to seeing you in the server and to more chats on the forums.
shadow slayer

Return to Day of Defeat Source